Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Holiday blues

Hello lovelies! Hope you're all doing well. Can you believe that it's almost Thanksgiving?

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of this time of year. Sure, I love the holidays, the decorations, giving gifts and being around my loved ones (although my family always seems to have trouble getting along, and even more so around any major holidays.) But stores and restaurants are over-crowded, people seem more pushy and aggressive just because they want to get a good deal on the latest gadget, and the cold weather makes me sad. 

Lately, I feel myself slipping back into my old, sluggish, "Winter habits." I've been sleeping way more than I really need to be, I'm eating more junk food, and when I'm not working or taking care of household chores I'm sitting my butt on the couch watching t.v.

I want this year to be different. I don't want to hibernate anymore than I already have. So, what am I going to do for the next few months? Glad you asked :D
  • Cut back on junk food! 'Tis the season for sweet treats, but that doesn't mean I have to eat my weight in cookies everyday. I love Santa, but I don't want to look like him.
  • Stop procrastinating. Give the house a GOOD cleaning, finish some of my smaller craft projects, and paint my dresser (I'll post pics of the dresser as soon as I finish this).
  • Exercise. Get up and move. Go to the gym, play DDR, anything to get my butt off the couch for a little while.
  • Me time. I know this is the season for giving... but I need to find something to do for myself that doesn't involve shopping, eating, or sleeping in. Haven't decided what I'm going to do yet though.
  • Salt lamps. These are used as negative air ionizers. For those of you who don't know, negative ions are supposed to make you feel good. These are fairly inexpensive and I figure that if it doesn't work, at least I'll have something pretty to look at.
 I'd love to know how all of you combat the "Holiday blues." Feel free to leave any suggestions.

<3 Aina

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh D: i want to do those things too.. except the last thing.... i've never hear of Salt lamps..

    Very informative blog btw

    *follows* :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed reading my blog <3

    I'm following your blog as well :3

    ReplyDelete